2016年9月21日星期三

Unit 1 reflection

            Pop culture, the first sight I read this title I have no idea of what it’s really about. Now, I can tell a little bit about it. It’s about culture. I never know that much about culture before I took this class. My aha moment was culture is not that simple. Before, “Culture is just culture, there is nothing special?” will be what I know. Now, I could tell no matter where you came from, we can share our culture. It comes from our ancestor learned and pass from generation to generation. During each time period, it will come up with some new things apply to it, and it will also goes to the next generation. It is in the sight, symbolically express and transmitted in our daily life. We have drew a picture of “Ice Berg”, to have idea how culture is like. It shows 90% is under the water. They are out of awareness and have no specific rules. The 10% above water are in awareness. They are the things in sight and you could tell. Everybody have a cultural identity. We are lucky that we are in the United States so we can see culture diversity from different countries come together looks like a ‘salad bowl’. Maybe we will got shocked in the beginning, but after we getting used to it and overcome then it will be fun. I didn’t know that after this class I will have more topics to talk with my friends. Before, almost nobody will have topics from their class to talk with. It is like “The departure of freshness” expressing the essence of this unit. I’m looking forward to what is the next unit is about.

没有评论:

发表评论